A super simple, melt-in-your-mouth scone recipe perfect for your Street Feast! With just 4 ingredients you can whip these up in half an hour.
- 225g self raising flour
- 85g butter(softened)
- 28g sugar(we used granulated)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 220c. Line a tin with baking paper.
- Place the flour, butter, sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub together until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Break one egg into the mixture ( I whisked the egg with a fork in a separate bowl beforehand but this is not a necessity!)
- Mix until a rough dough is formed. Using your hands, gather the dough together. Add a dash of milk if the consistency is very crumbly!
- Dust a work surface and using a roller, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1 inch. Cut out the scones using a pastry cutter and place on baking paper. Press left over dough together, roll out and repeat the process until you have used all the dough.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes or until they are a golden colour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving