Here’s the scoop
You gotta chip and dip! And while you could obviously go another route, ie. towards the supermarket, this chickpea dip is worlds better than what you get at the store and it only takes 5 minutes to make!
- 1 can of rinsed chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup spinach (optional) – fresh or frozen
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and salt until smooth. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water (we like using chickpea water from the can for an extra boost of flavour) as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Pour it into a bowl making a small well in the middle for a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
And BAM!! You’re hummus is served. Fast, fabulous and fresh. What do you say? Give (chick)peas a chance!
Add a handful of spinach in the first step (fresh or frozen) and you’ve got an entirely new dishy dip.