Happy Tuesday folks!
After one week’s break, we’re back with more neighbourly news! Keep scrolling to read more!
Some Stories to Share
What’s in this week’s Neighbourhood News #15?
- What’s Next for Community Building?
- Check out ReCreate Ireland’s Creative Corner
- New Neighbourhood Network Online Resource
- Listen Locally: New Irish Tunes
- Conscious Camping with Leave No Trace Ireland
- For the Love of Literature: Get Your Lit Fix This Summer
- Funky Craft Ideas: What Have You Upcycled?
What’s Next For Community Building?
We’re hosting our seventh Live Community Boost webinar with special guests to talk about how we can continue to grow our community initiatives. Join us on Tuesday, July 28th at 8pm for an hour long conversation.
No interaction necessary. Tea, cakes, and buns are encouraged for all of those watching from home!
Check out ReCreate Ireland’s Creative Corner
Take a look at ReCreate Ireland’s latest Creative Corner episode where they explore nature and look at how you can recreate them into a Nature Creature!
New Neighbourhood Network Online Resource
Last week saw the launch of our new Neighbourhood Network online resource. We’ll be adding tons of fun activities that you can recreate in your community. We would love to see your neighbourly events, DM us on Facebook or Instagram today!
Listen Locally: New Irish Tunes
There may not be any music festivals or live gigs this summer, but artists are adapting. Irish musicians are online and awaiting your support. Here are a couple of examples how you can continue to support your favourite performers:
- Live Streaming – Along with purchasing albums and songs online, showing support can be as simple as being part of an online audience through live streaming or videos. Follow on your preferred music site, from Bandcamp to Spotify, or take it a step further and watch your favourite acts perform online via live streams and videos on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.
- Drive in Gigs – Yes they’ve arrived in Ireland, with the first of the gigs taking place Limerick, Cork, Waterford and Kilkenny. For more information visit liveatthedrivein.ie.
- Discover New Music – And here to help you, have a read of The Life of Stuff’s Music Series.
Conscious Camping with Leave No Trace Ireland
Planning a camping adventure this summer? Leave No Trace Ireland offers a range of educational opportunities through workshops, certified training courses, events and schools programmes all based upon the 7 Principles. Take a look at their online resource kit here.
For the Love of Literature: Get Your Lit Fix This Summer
With new studies revealing the huge increase in reading over the past few months, here’s some lovely local literature ideas for you to pursue:
Museum of Literature Ireland’s Lockdown Literature – The Museum of Literature Ireland has a new on-demand section to its popular digital radio station, RadioMoLI. This new feature allows visitors to stream podcasts, lectures, interviews and readings from the Museum’s digital archive.
Listen to authors such as Roddy Doyle, Marian Keyes, Mark O’Connell, Anne Enright and Christine Dwyer Hickey as well as leading literary academics and poetry readings. To get your fix visit the MoLI website here and add it to your cultural things to do this summer.
Join Your Local Library – Just because you can’t be there in person doesn’t mean you can’t become a member. There are a number of things you can do online from ebooks to emagazines! Plus if you check in with your local library on their social pages you’ll find they share lots of cultural things to do at home too. Find your local library here.
Funky Craft Ideas: We Want to Hear from You
We know that a lot of you amazing folk have been getting crafty and upcycling all sorts these last few months.
We would love to see what you’ve been up to, we would love if you could share pictures of your projects with us to inspire others!
As always, you can sign up as a volunteer/coordinator here!
Hoping the rest of your week goes swimmingly!
The Neighbourhood Network Team