Some councils may require you take out insurance, usually as part of your road closure application or just to ensure they are indemnified. If you are planning an event in public space we advise you to cover yourself, here are some tips how:
1. Ask your insurance provider if you can extend your current home insurance to an event – this is often only a little bit extra.
2. Hold your Street Feast in a venue that already has insurance.
3. Contact your local Resident Association or like-minded community groups. They generally have insurance and, if you link in with them and see if they can get involved, they are often happy to incorporate you under their policy.
4. This year, we are working with BHP to offer Public Liability Insurance for Street Feast hosts.
Instructions for cover must be received no later than Wednesday 1st May 2019
Street Feast / Féasta Sráide 2019 Insurance Facility
- Event day 5th May 2019
- Public & Product Liability Limit of Indemnity €6,500,000
- Premium including all fees & government levy €150.00
- Cover can be instigated over the phone or by email
- No proposal form required
- Confirmation & documentation issued within 2 working days or less.
If you need any further help or support with insurance please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re here to help!